Earlier we wrote that Draw Something was hovering around 50 million downloads.Zynga would not confirm the news, but a source and some simple maths told us it was true.
Now Zynga has released a statement that says Draw Something has passed 50 million downloads, making it one of the fastest growing apps of all time. It’s likely the only app to ever hit 50 million downloads in just 50 days.
“We believe it’s not only the fastest growing original mobile game of all time – 50 days to hit 50 million downloads – but one of the fastest growing web sensations that we’ve seen. In addition, the game just regained its spot as the #1 paid app in the App Store, knocking off Angry Birds Space,” says Zynga.
Some other stats:
- Since launching, more than 6 billion drawings have been created.
- Draw Something had three drawings per second the day the game launched.
- At its peak, Draw Something typically generates 3,000 drawings per second
- The most popular words in Draw Something are: Starfish, pregnant, Hangman, six pack, boom box
- The least popular word in Draw Something is latrine
In addition, we’re told active users for Draw Something are at an all time high and that the app deletion rate is tiny.