- Over the past week, shoppers have taken to social media to complain about severely delayed Yankee Candle orders and unresponsive customer service lines.
- New complaints are now cropping up from customers who say that when their orders did arrive, some items were broken.
- A spokesperson for Yankee Candle did not immediately respond to Business Insider’s request for comment. In a statement previously shared with BuzzFeed, a spokesperson said that the company faced a systems issue and was dealing with a backlog of orders.
- Sign up for Business Insider’s retail newsletter, The Drive-Thru, to get more stories like this in your inbox.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Yankee Candle is facing a customer service nightmare.
For more than a week, shoppers have taken to social media to complain about severely delayed orders and unresponsive customer service lines, with some saying they were left to wait on hold for hours at a time. News of these delays were first reported by BuzzFeed on December 16.
Since then, new complaints have cropped up from customers who say that when their orders did arrive, some items were broken. Some say they haven’t been unable to get through to customer service to make a complaint.
RANT: I bought 3 personalized candles from @TheYankeeCandle. I only received ONE, and the ONE was damaged. Then I email, no response, call, wait AN HOUR and they just hung up. WORST. CUSTOMER. SERVICE. EVER
— Lauren Townsend (@LT0WNSENDD) December 21, 2019
@TheYankeeCandle hi I have been trying to get in touch with customer service all week. My order arrived damaged and missing items! Can you please help?
— Colleen (@collhappybean) December 20, 2019
Yes it was picked up, but every candle bar 2 were broken and all over the box
— chris butler (@chris_b69) December 21, 2019
Finally got my order from @TheYankeeCandle and all the candles are broken! I can’t get a hold of anyone in customer service! Wtf am I suppose to do with these!? Horrible company!
— JenniSixx (@JenniSixx) December 18, 2019
A spokesperson for Yankee Candle did not immediately respond to Business Insider’s request for comment.
In a statement previously shared with BuzzFeed, the company said that system issues and a higher level of orders were creating delays in order processing and that it was dealing with the backlog.
“We know how stressful this time of year can be and we understand why our consumers are so upset,” the spokesperson told BuzzFeed.
But complaints are continuing to mount on social media, and it doesn’t look like the issues have yet been resolved.
@theyankeecandle I have now sent two emails to your customer service and one to fedex about a missing order. Any help on figuring out what happened to my candles? Not happy that I'm not going to have them to give as gifts
— Molo (@Molo_35) December 23, 2019
ORDER PLACED DECEMBER 5th ITS THE LAST DAY AND IT HASNT EVEN LEFT THE WAREHOUSE! I’d like to know what your going to do now to all the customers you’ve screwed over! @ABC @NBCNews @HLNTV @BuzzFeedNews @Clever_Network someone cover this scam @TheYankeeCandle pic.twitter.com/90w1YRKpUL
— Jen Matrisciano (@JenMatrisciano) December 24, 2019
If you are a Yankee Candle customer or employee and have a story to share, contact this reporter at [email protected]