The following is a list of Yahoo’s 10 largest acquisitions to date:
1. In April 1999, Yahoo! acquired Broadcast.com for $5.7 billion in stock. It was soon renamed Yahoo! Broadcast solutions. As of 2010, broadcast.com redirects to yahoo.com
2. In January 1999, Yahoo! acquires GeoCities for $3.57 billion in stock. GeoCities was closed on April 26, 2009.
3. In 2003, Yahoo! acquired Overture for $1.63 billion. It was later renamed Yahoo! Search Marketing, and many of its original products have been renamed.
4. On April 30, 2007 Yahoo! acquired Right Media for $680 million.
5. In April 2004, Yahoo! acquired Kelkoo for €450 million. Later in November 2008, it was sold to private equity firm Jamplant Ltd.
6. Yahoo! acquired HotJobs.com for $436 million in 2002. However, it was later sold Monster.com for $225 million in Febuary 2010.
7. eGroups.com was bought by Yahoo! for $413 million in stock in August 2000. It is now known as Yahoo! Groups.
8. Zimbra was purchased by Yahoo! for $350 million in September 2007, and subsequently purchased by VMware on Tuesday, January 12, 2010.
9. On September 4, 2007, Yahoo! announced the acquisition of BlueLithium for $300 million.
10. On September 14, 2004 Yahoo! announced that it was going to acquire Musicmatch. The acquisition was completed on October 19, 2004 for a reported price of US $160 million.
In September 2008, Yahoo! Music Jukebox went out of business. How ironic. Another loss.
This post originally appeared on weVICTORY’s wiki search engine.
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.