- Fox released the first trailer for “Dark Phoenix,” the next “X-Men” movie starring “Game of Thrones” actress Sophie Turner, early Thursday morning.
- The reveal comes after an initial leak of the trailer in Russian first appeared on line earlier this week.
- In the movie, Jean Grey (Turner) is nearly killed after being hit by a cosmic force. The trailer shows Grey grapple with her superpowers upon returning home and turning to a young Magneto for help.
- It’s believed the next “X-Men” instalment may be the final one from Fox. In July, Disney agreed to purchase Fox’s entertainment brands for $US71.3 billion, meaning it will retain Marvel characters like Deadpool and the X-Men once the deal is finalised.
- Until then, Turner, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, James McAvoy, and Evan Peters will reprise their roles in the X-Men universe to star in the new movie.
- “Dark Phoenix” will be released February 14, 2019. You can watch the trailer below.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.