Veteran Pentagon correspondent Tom Ricks posts a guest column by one of his sources that outlines how things might go terribly wrong in Libya.
It’s worth a read:
1. We arms the rebels.
2. Find this is both not enough and Qaddafi’s forces overrun, confiscate, and use arms against rebels and coalition air forces.
3. We try air assault against Qaddafi’s ground forces.
4. Find this is insufficient and leads to excessive collateral damage.
5. We try to convince coalition to place boots on the ground.
6. Notably France and other members reject land invasion.
7. NATO can’t gain consensus to modify Resolution 1973.
8. United States bites the bullet, air assaults known Qaddafi military bases, and lands troops in Libya.
It gets worse. Read the rest here.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.