- The Points Guy, recently released a ranking of the 15 worst airports in America.
- By looking at amenities, accessibility, and timeliness, the travel website was able to compile a report that ranked airports based on aspects that are most important to travellers.
- The rankings focused on specific factors such as the timeliness of arrivals and departures; the number of lounges; restaurant and shopping options; as well as transportation costs to and from the airports.
Everyone knows travelling is a hassle, but sometimes being at a specific airport makes the experience that much worse.
The travel website, The Points Guy, recently released a ranking of the 15 worst airports in America. Using data collected from the Department of Transportation, the airports themselves, and third parties, the website evaluated each airport on factors such as timeliness of arrivals and departures; the number of lounges; restaurant and shopping options; as well as the cost of transportation to and from the facility.
By looking at amenities, accessibility, and timeliness, The Points Guy was able to compile a report that ranked airports based on aspects that are most important to travellers.
And from a traveller’s angle, their rankings appear pretty objective. Anyone who has passed through Midway Airport in Chicago knows it is a barren place with few amenities-it is ranked last in The Points Guy’s “amenities” category. The same goes for accessibility, as any New Yorker can tell you that getting to JFK Airport in Queens is an absolute nightmare-that airport is ranked last in the survey’s “accessibility” category.
John F. Kennedy International Airport was ranked as the worst airport in the country.
The Points Guy editors wrote that JFK Airport had, “nearly universally poor scores for delays (third worst), cancellations (fourth worst, though LGA was worst), the longest time to drive to from the center of the city (68 minutes!) and a three-way tie for the longest connection times.”
Take a look at the 15 worst airports in America, according to The Points Guy:
15. Boston Logan International Airport
14. Denver International Airport
13. Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
12. Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport
11. Detroit Metropolitan Airport
10. Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
9. San Francisco International Airport
8. Dallas Fort-Worth International Airport
7. Orlando International Airport
6. Chicago O’Hare International Airport
5. Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
4. Los Angeles International Airport
3. Newark Liberty International Airport
2. LaGuardia Airport
1. John F. Kennedy International Airport
NOW WATCH: Executive Life videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.