One of the world’s most powerful women is neither a CEO nor a head of state. She’s a journalist and author.
Here’s why Forbes ranked her there:
“In year one as the first woman at the top of the New York Times masthead, Jill Abramson has shuffled senior editorial staff and captained the 161-year-old publication through an ongoing digital transformation. Now behind a paywall, NYTimes.com has recruited more than half a million paid subscribers and attracts over 40 million unique visitors worldwide each month.”
Abramson is the first woman to head up the Times’ coverage, and describes the paper as having influence far beyond home-town reportage. She’ll address the future of the Times and of digital innovation in journalism in a special fireside chat at Business Insider’s IGNITION: Future of Digital conference, taking place Nov. 27-28, 2012, in New York.
IGNITION focuses on the future of digital business models, from publishing to mobile payments.
You can reserve your spot to hear from Abramson and other influential luminaries at IGNITION by registering here. Early-bird tickets expire at the end of September, so book now.
Here’s who is joining Abramson onstage:
- Jeff Weiner, CEO, LinkedIn
- Jeff Bewkes, CEO & Chairman, Time Warner
- Dr Mehmet Oz, Host, “The Dr Oz Show”
- Alan Rusbridger, Editor, The Guardian
- Henrique de Castro, President, Global Media, Mobile & Platforms, Google
- Steven Rosenblatt, CRO, Foursquare
- Linda Boff, ED Global Digital Marketing, GE
- Carolyn Everson, VP, Facebook
- Bijan Sabet, General Partner, Spark Capital
- And many more. Full list here.
Check out the agenda for more information on themes and interviews.
If we’re missing anything, let us know at [email protected] Companies interested in partnering with BI to sponsor the event can email [email protected]
See you in November!
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.