Last summer a unit of Munich Re, the world’s largest reinsurer, was busted for taking employees to a 2007 sex party in Budapest. Executives were fired for hosting this party, at which prostitutes wore coloured bracelets to identify what favours they could perform.Well, it turns out this was just the start.
Dr. Torsten Oletzky, CEO of Munich Re’s primary insurance unit, ERGO, apologized for various behaviour, including “incorrectly claiming that the incidents on the trip to Budapest 2007 had been an isolated incident.”
The audit turned up 12 more erotic trips (roughly translated by Google, but you get the idea):
- Sardinia 2012 – improper conduct affecting the traveller against a female companion and a waitress.
- Kitzbühel 2010 and 2011 – there are taxi invoices showing that trip participants drove back from a table dance bar in the hotel. Evidence of the bar are not available.
- Broker office attended a so-called “swingers hotel” in Jamaica (2009 and 2011).
- Broker office also visited this hotel in Jamaica (2010).
- Hamburg (2010) – A sales executive expected by self-evidence from four tickets and drinks with a total of 69.50 euros a striptease nightclub.
- New York (2010) – In a competitive travel a group of students went to the official program, a club with striptease program, taking the part of the travel company were paid for drinks. The cost was about 900 euros.
- Rio de Janeiro (2010) – The audit found evidence of drinks for about 300 euros a night club, which was the company charged.
- Tallinn (2009) – There were 10 admission tickets together 100 Eurovon settled a striptease nightclub.
- Vienna (2008) – Travel players expected receipts for drinks in the amount of about € 250 a night bar from.
- Hamburg (2007) – A branch manager with seminar participants visited an erotic clubs on the Reeperbahn.
The audit also contains details from each trip. For instance in Sardinia a participant received this stern warning (again, translated by Google):
“(…) You have to behave a female operator of the premises over completely disrespectful. So you have several times put his arm around the operation, although clearly evident that your behaviour was perceived as unpleasant and refused. Particularly serious is that you have made up our colleague Mrs [A] on the buttocks! We can be left at this point explicitly, whether you have committed an offence by that action. In any case it is an unusually serious misconduct. (…) “
Munich Re also lists these alleged but unconfirmed events:
- Kiev (2012) – stay in a hotel that has a bar, also in the table dance is offered. According to testimony, the participants would enter the bar briefly, but quickly abandoned it again, after her character was evident.Documents are not available.
- Lüneburg (2010 or 2011) – have come at a seminar in a hotel, it is in the evening to table dance or striptease. The allegations have not been confirmed by surveys of the hotel staff.
- The competitive journey of two former general representative of the HMI to Ibiza (2008) was identified as potentially critical. According to the investigation of the audit could be found no wrongdoing.
- The revision has followed clues that on trips to Asia (1998-2008) and Cuba (2002) Travellers should have sexual services privately organised. Documents are not available.
- Alleged visit to a nudist sauna club / brothel for a sales launch event in Berlin (2007). The allegation could not be confirmed through interviews with participants. Documents are not available.
- The note, on a trip to Majorca was (2005), it came to an invitation to a brothel, had not be clarified. The accused leader has rejected the argument clear. However, a high bill is fixed on “Food and Drink” before (2,428 euros). With a certain probability, so the visit was a night club or a brothel be concealed. Evidence was not possible.
- A notice of an employee on May 2011 It is said to have occurred on a cruise ship (2002) on sexual harassment of a crew member. The investigation revealed that a female board member who felt harassed because of sexual innuendos affecting the traveller. The traveller has apologized in person to the lady.
- Recalling the alleged presence of prostitutes on a management seminar in Zurich (1976) went to the revision. Evidence did not find them. The then responsible board member dismissed the facts clearly.
Oh to be a German insurance man.