Photo: visual_dichotomy via Flickr
The best university in the world sits on a sprawling campus not far from Hollywood, according to a new list from the Times Higher Education.Using data provided by Thomson Reuters, the London-based industry magazine just published a list of the 400 best universities in the world, spread across 15 countries.
Click here to see the world’s best universities >
Unlike other major university rankings, THE focuses not on entry and graduation rates, but on “big picture” factors like global scholarship and reputation, explained Forbes.
Here’s how THE calculates the rankings:
- Teaching — the learning environment (30%)
- Research — volume, income and reputation (30%)
- Citations — research influence (30%)
- Industry income — innovation (2.5%)
- International outlook — staff, students and research (7.5%)
NOW WATCH: Executive Life videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.