Winners were determined based on the quantity and quality of reviews by travellers over a 12-month period.
This year, the destinations range from ancient ruins in South America to modern wonders in Asia, stunning churches in Italy to town plazas in Spain.
Here are the 10 most popular landmarks in the world according to travellers.
More from INSIDER:
- This scene from ‘Beauty and the Beast’ was changed because of a mistake the director made
- We taste tested 3 major fruit popsicle brands and the winner was clear
- The most popular destinations in the world, according to travellers
- 17 stunning swimming holes that every traveller needs to visit in their lifetime
- The internet banded together to help find a teen girl who lost contact with her friend in Manchester
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.