For the third year in a row, millennials who participated in the World Economic Forum’s Global Shapers Survey 2017 believe climate change is the most serious issue affecting the world today.
Nearly half (48.8%) of the survey participants chose climate change as their top concern, and 78.1% said they would be willing to change their lifestyle to protect the environment.
Survey respondents were also in near unequivocal agreement over the cause of climate change. Over 91% of respondents answered “agree” and “strongly agree” with the statement “science has proven that humans are responsible for climate change.”
The results come from the WEF annual survey released this week, which was given to more than 31,000 18-to-35-year-olds across 186 countries.
Read on to see the top-10 most concerning world issues, according to millennials.
10. Lack of economic opportunity and employment (12.1%)
9. Safety/security/wellbeing (14.1%)
8. Lack of education (15.9%)
7. Food and water security (18.2%)
6. Government accountability and transparency/corruption (22.7%)
5. Religious conflicts (23.9%)
4. Poverty (29.2%)
3. Inequality (income, discrimination) (30.8%)
2. Large scale conflict/wars (38.9%)
1. Climate change/destruction of nature (48.8%)
NOW WATCH: Ideas videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.