- Shares of World Poker Fund Holdings, an over-the-counter name that develops “social gaming platforms,” spiked nearly 100% Thursday after announcing it would acquire a cryptocurrency digital wallet company.
- World Poker Fund Holdings was founded in 2011 and is based in Los Angeles, California.
- It has a market cap of roughly $US98,000.
- Shares eventually settled in near $US0.89, or up about 60%.
- It’s the latest in a string of companies, including a Chinese juice manufacturer, a British video game company, and a New York tea bottler, that have seen similar spikes after announcing pivots to blockchain technology or cryptocurrencies.
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.