Nearly half (48.8%) of the survey participants chose climate change as their top concern, and 78.1% said they would be willing to change their lifestyle to protect the environment.
Survey respondents were also in near unequivocal agreement over the cause of climate change. Over 91% of respondents answered “agree” and “strongly agree” with the statement “science has proven that humans are responsible for climate change.”
Despite the dire state of the world today – and the stereotype that millennials’ are selfish and apathetic – the generation aged 18 to 35 cares deeply about global issues, and they’re determined to tackle them.
Below are the top-10 most concerning world issues, according to millennials.
10. Lack of economic opportunity and unemployment (12.1%)
9. Safety / security / well being (14.1%)
8. Lack of education (15.9%)
7. Food and water security (18.2%)
6. Government accountability and transparency / corruption (22.7%)