- On Wednesday, Twitter user Taryn Elise (@voltaireon) shared a review of the $US18 Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipstick after saying she got into a car accident while wearing the product.
- She posted photos of herself wearing the lipstick in the shade “Unicorn Blood,” and said the product held up great, though she says some ended up on her car’s airbag.
- The tweet went viral, and many people said they loved her beauty look.
- Beauty mogul Jeffree Star responded to her tweet, and said he is “so glad” to hear that she is “safe and OK.” He also offered to send her a free eye-shadow palette.
- Visit INSIDER.com for more stories.
On Wednesday, a woman named Taryn Elise, who goes by @voltaireon on Twitter, shared photos of herself that she says she took after getting into a car accident. While the Mini Cooper in her photos appears to have been wrecked in the alleged crash, her lipstick seems to have held up just fine.
In her tweet, Elise addressed anyone who might be “curious about how well Jeffree Star lipstick holds up,” and said her $US18 Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipstick in the shade “Unicorn Blood” managed to last throughout the accident.
— Taryn E. (@Voltaireon) April 10, 2019
As her tweet went viral, Elise told her Twitter followers that she wasn’t seriously injured.
“I am doing OK! Still shook but am in my doctor’s office waiting for an examination,” she wrote. “I definitely feel it but am so thankful for all the lovely messages!”
Mini update!! I am doing Ok! Still shook but am in my doctors office waiting for an examination! I definitely feel it but am so thankful for all the lovely messages! ☺️❤️
— Taryn E. (@Voltaireon) April 10, 2019
Some people tweeted Elise and told her they loved her unconventional makeup review, while others complimented her beauty skills.
Not your average makeup review. https://t.co/epj4xedJNH
— Nita N Ramadhita (@nramadhita) April 10, 2019
Girl I’m sorry you went through that, but it’s not just the lipstick that held up, your whole face did!! How you looking that good after a car accident?
— ???????????? ???????????????? (@AcousticAri) April 10, 2019
Happy that you’re alive, but also this is the best tweet ever pic.twitter.com/14FKVOrqp7
— selma (@imSKuhlane) April 10, 2019
Two other Twitter users claimed they also wore Jeffree Star Cosmetics products when they got into separate accidents
Like Elise, their makeup appeared to be flawless afterwards.
I'm so glad you're safe ! ❤
Same thing happened to me last year! I was in a car accident and everyone in the hospital kept complimenting me on how well my makeup was holding up after the accident, crying etc. Still recovering today but my jeffree star Makeup is still on point ! pic.twitter.com/h7a3V3sLn6
— Sarah Roser (@wishful_tears) April 10, 2019
This is so accurate I wreck about two years ago now while wearing #youbetterwork lipstick and it stayed in place through the whole day after crying and screaming after the accident pic.twitter.com/1AckS6lcWB
— Liyaa???? (@GuerraLiya) April 10, 2019
Elise’s viral tweet didn’t go unnoticed by Jeffree Star. The beauty mogul reached out to his fan on Twitter and said he is “so glad” that she’s safe. He also offered to gift her a free eye-shadow palette.
“Holy s—!!!! So glad that you’re safe and OK,” Star wrote. “DM me, would love to send you a #BlueBlood palette to cheer you up!”
— Jeffree Star (@JeffreeStar) April 10, 2019
Taryn Elise did not immediately reply to INSIDER’s request for comment.
- Read more:
- Inside YouTuber Jeffree Star’s incredible rise from teen MySpace star to a makeup mogul raking in millions
- YouTube influencer Jeffree Star says burglars cut through the roof of his warehouse and ransacked $US2.5 million in makeup
- Watch makeup artist Jeffree Star try the new Kit Kat-inspired eye-shadow palette that comes with an actual chocolate bar
- The 10 highest-paid YouTubers of 2018 include the Paul brothers and a 7-year-old toy reviewer – here’s the full list
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.