- A woman gave birth in the toilet paper aisle at a Walmart in Springfield, Missouri, on Wednesday, as shoppers across the US visited stores to stock up on items amid the novel coronavirus outbreak.
- The store’s manager, Jessica Hinkle, KY3 TV that the woman delivered her baby with the help of Walmart employees, firefighters, and a labour nurse who happened to be at the store.
- The woman was then taken to a nearby hospital, and as of Thursday was doing well, Hinkle said.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Shoppers are flocking to supermarkets and superstores across the US to prepare the the novel coronavirus outbreak -and amidst the madness, one woman gave birth in a Walmart’s toilet paper aisle.
The woman, who has not been publicly named, was walking down the toilet paper aisle at a Walmart in Springfield, Missouri, when her water broke and she realised she was going into labour, according to KY3 TV.
The store’s manager, Jessica Hinkle, told the station that the woman gave birth to a girl with the help of employees, firefighters, and a labour nurse who just happened to be in the store.
Hinkle said that upon learning the woman was in labour, staff called 911, and she held a sheet up for privacy as the nurse and firefighters helped deliver the baby.
″(I’m) not, like, the best with blood so that was my job, holding the sheet and crowd control making sure that nobody invaded what privacy the poor lady still had,” Hinkle told KY3 TV.
Once the woman gave birth, she and the baby were taken to a nearby hospital via ambulance, Hinkle said.
“You know a feel-good moment, everybody’s going through so much and with a baby it’s like everything comes full circle,” Hinkle told KY3 TV.
As of Thursday, the woman and the baby were both healthy.
- Read more:
- A uninsured cancer patient who tested positive for COVID-19 was billed $US34,927.43
- USA Swimming calls for one-year postponement of 2020 Olympics: ‘Pressing forward amidst the global health crisis this summer is not the answer’
- A priest in Maryland is offering drive-thru confession amid the novel coronavirus outbreak
- New Jersey cops had to break up 2 weddings within one hour that violated the coronavirus rules against large gatherings