- Jennifer Barclay of Scotland visits her grandfather, Robert, every week and films him greeting her at the door.
- She created a compilation video of his adorable reaction to her arrivals and posted it to Twitter.
- The video has now been viewed over eight million times.
A woman in Scotland is capturing the internet’s attention after filming her 87-year-old grandfather greeting her at the door.
Although Jennifer Barclay visits her grandfather, Robert, once a week, he charmingly greets her like it’s been years since they have seen each other. She decided to record his reactions each week.
When Barclay uploaded the compilation video to Twitter last week, she wrote, “My wee Grandad, 87 years young and he’s my no.1 guy. I love him with all my heart. And I love recording his reactions when I come to visit.” The video instantly went viral, garnering over eight million views.
Take a peek at Grandpa Robert’s adorably charming greetings.
My wee Grandad, 87 years young and he’s my no.1 guy???? I love him with all my heart. And I love recording his reactions when I come to visit. I hope everyone can appreciate the video I’ve made as much as I do????????????xoxo pic.twitter.com/4XK4TEBctQ
— Jen (@JenBarclayX) December 14, 2018
His reactions are priceless. Most of the time he just squeals at the sight of her, but sometimes you can hear him say, “Hello honey bun.” Another time he jokingly asks for the secret password for entry.
“I try to visit him once a week,” Barclay told “Good Morning America.”“On a normal visit, we have a cup of tea and a catch-up. I just filmed him because I loved his reaction to seeing me.”
After the warm reaction from viewers, Barclay decided to create an Instagram page devoted to her loving grandfather, where she writes, “We are all very touched by the incredible response and I’m glad by posting the video I’ve been able to spread the love, especially at this time of year.”
Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.
- Read more:
- 13 celebrities who don’t look old enough to be grandparents – but actually are
- 10 unique names kids call their celebrity grandparents
- Meet Queen Elizabeth’s 6 great-grandchildren – half of whom are commoners
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.