The John Edwards trial continues as a parade of bizarre details about the former presidential candidate and his New-Age loving mistress Rielle Hunter. According to the New York Post, in testimony yesterday, Cheri Young, the wife of Edwards’ closest aide testified that Rielle Hunter was stashed in the Young’s home to keep the Edwards campaign viable.
“I felt like everything had been dumped in my lap. Everybody was on board but me . . . I didn’t want the campaign to explode and for it to be my fault,” Young said, getting emotional several times.
The details just get worse and worse. According to the Post’s account of Young’s testimony:
- Soon after Hunter was in the Young’s home, John Edwards “took over” the house and made it the primary place where conducted his trysts with her.
- Hunter went on shopping sprees with money that Andrew Young laundered from rich Edwards’ supporters.
- Cheri Young had to sign the checks with her maiden name for Hunter’s consultations with a spiritual advisor. They cost $1,000 and $8,000 per session.
- Hunter once needed a session with her spiritual consultant because a waiter brought her the wrong dressing with her sandwich.
- Finally, when Hunter was revealed to be pregnant, Edwards asked Andrew Young to claim paternity. Thus humiliating Cheri Young.
Read the whole sordid mess at the Post.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.