PocketNow just got its hands on an internal video that leaks all the best features of “Windows Phone 8,” the next iteration of Microsoft’s mobile phone operating system.
Here are some fo the highlights:
- Fully integrated Skype for calls and messages.
- Removable SD cards for storage.
- NFC for “tap to pay” payments like Google Wallet.
- Data Smart, a feature that monitors how much data you use on your carrier so you don’t go over.
- Internet Explorer 10, which will use “server side” processing to help sites load faster, like how the Opera browser and Amazon’s “Silk” browser work.
- Integration with Windows 8, either via NFC or via sharing components
- SkyDrive integration, a la iCloud, for backups.
- “Lens,” a better camera app and improved image processing.
- “App to App” features for integrating smartphone apps and Windows 8 apps.
- Four different screen resolutions so hardware makers can build bigger/smaller devices that take advantage of their screen sizes. (Right now, bigger Windows Phones just have bigger tiles/apps/etc).
- Xbox Live integration.
- Business and security features like BitLocker encryption.