- In late June, over four million people are expected to visit New York City for the first-ever WorldPride celebration hosted on US soil.
- Online travel and accommodations website Hotels.com is hosting a contest to give away 50 New York City hotel rooms to help some Pride-goers celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall riots.
- According to a company press release, winners of the sweepstakes will stay at either PUBLIC, an Ian Schrager Hotel, The James New York-SoHo, Grand Hyatt New York, Dream Midtown, or Arlo Soho.
- Anyone who is 18 or older can submit their personal information and a brief description of why they want to attend New York City Pride before Tuesday, June 11, at 8 a.m. ET for a chance to win.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
June is Pride Month, and this year New York City is hosting the first WorldPride on US soil in honour of the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall riots.
With over four million people expected to attend the annual LGBT Pride March on Sunday, June 30, finding a place to stay might be difficult.
Hotels.com, an online travel and accommodations website, says it has blocked off 50 rooms across five different New York City hotels to help some Pride-goers celebrate the occasion with a free, two-night stay on Saturday, June 29, and Sunday, June 30.
According to a press release from Hotels.com, winners of the “Hotels Pride 50 Contest” will stay at either PUBLIC, an Ian Schrager Hotel, The James New York-SoHo, Grand Hyatt New York, Dream Midtown, or Arlo Soho, all of which are within close proximity to the weekend’s Pride festivities.
If you’re 18 or older and have a way of getting yourself to New York City, you’re eligible to win a room through the Hotels.com sweepstakes, according to the company’s press release. All you have to do for consideration is submit your name, date of birth, email address, and a brief description of why you want to attend New York City Pride on the company’s contest page before Tuesday, June 11, at 8 a.m. ET for a chance to win.
According to the terms and conditions for the contest, a Hotels.com internal LGBTQ committee called GUIDE will evaluate submissions based on a combination of their originality, creativity, and demonstrated passion. In order to lock in their accomodations, the press release says that winners are required to respond to the email notice of their selection within 48 hours.
- Read more:
- A cruise company is sending 4 ‘Game of Thrones’ fans on a free trip to visit the show’s iconic locations
- You can now sleep in luxury pods on a scenic salt flat in Bolivia with panoramic views
- A stunning private island that comes with a 4-bedroom home is up for sale in Norway, and it’s a hermit’s dream
- A wine company wants to pay you $US10,000 to be its ‘rosé influencer’ and it comes with a trip to France
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.