- Prince William and Kate Middleton are visiting the Queen and Prince Philip at their Balmoral estate in late August.
- The couple will be there at the same time as Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
- Will and Kate will stay at their own cottage, Tam-na-Ghar, in the grounds of the estate, while Harry and Meghan stay with the Queen, an insider told Vanity Fair.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
The Royal Family is making a trip to the Queen’s favourite Scotland retreat later this month, but the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have opted to stay separate from the rest of the family.
Prince William and Kate Middleton are visiting the Queen and Prince Philip at their Balmoral estate with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle at the end of August.
Will and Kate will stay at their own cottage, Tam-na-Ghar, in the grounds of the estate, while Harry and Meghan stay with the Queen, an insider told Vanity Fair.
“The Queen has a lot of guests coming and to ease the pressure the Cambridges are likely to stay at the cottage,” the source told Vanity Fair “That could have added benefits for everyone as it means more space in the castle.”
Tam-na-Ghar, a three-bedroom cottage, will have plenty of room for the couple’s children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis.
Several other royals visit the Queen at Balmoral throughout the year, including Prince Edward, and the Countess of Wessex and their two children, and Princess Anne. When Prince Charles and Camilla visit, they stay at Birkhall, the late Queen Mother’s house on the estate, Vanity Fair reported.
Will and Kate’s Tam-na-Ghar is close to Birkhall, according to The Observer.
The couple have been reportedly visited the cottage since they were students together at the University of St. Andrews, when Will was gifted the property.
- Read more:
- Insiders reveal what it’s really like to work for the royal family, saying that even with access to ‘the best cars, yachts, and restaurants’ the Queen has to offer, there are still ‘pressure cooker scenarios’
- Royals who rejected their titles, and the surprising reasons why
- Princess Eugenie will make history by becoming the first member of the royal family to launch a podcast
- Meghan Markle posed with a Kate Middleton magazine cover 5 years before saying having her own cover would be ‘boastful’