- Will Smith appeared on ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live” on Tuesday and spoke about the Facebook Watch series “Red Table Talk,” which is hosted by his wife Jada Pinkett Smith, daughter Willow Smith, and mother-in-law Adrienne Banfield Norris.
- The “Aladdin” star said that the show is “fantastic” and he applauded the women for discussing personal topics (like mental health, race, and sex), but he no longer watches it.
- “They telling all our business,” Smith, who has appeared on the show for a two-part episode about his marriage to Pinkett Smith, told the late night host.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
“I don’t watch anymore,” Smith said of the show, which is hosted by Pinkett Smith, Willow Smith (their daughter), and Adrienne Banfield Norris (his mother-in-law). “They telling all our business.”
During an appearance on ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live” on Tuesday, Smith added that his family members didn’t give him a heads up regarding the personal information they planned to share on “Red Table Talk,” which is currently in its second season.
Smith added: “It’s actually fantastic, the episodes I could bear.”
The “Aladdin” star went on to praise the women for having a “wide open, raw conversation across the generations about a cornucopia of topics.”
Since premiering in 2018, “Red Table Talk” has covered an array of topics, like race, death, Scientology, mental illness, motherhood, and sex. Most recently, Pinkett Smith revealed that she had an“unhealthy relationship to porn” years ago when she wasn’t in a relationship and was practicing abstinence.
Smith also made an appearance on the show for a two-part episode that focused on his marriage to Pinkett Smith. The two stars tied the knot in 1997, welcomed two children together (Willow and Jaden Smith), and now refer to themselvesas“life partners.” On the show, they spoke candidly about their wedding day (which Pinkett Smith called “horrible”), how they first met, and how they have managed to stay together for more than two decades.
Watch the video below (Will Smith discusses “Red Table Talk” at 6:27).
- Read more about Will Smith:
- Will Smith says he cried ‘uncontrollably’ when he realised he was with the wrong person after meeting Jada Pinkett Smith
- Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith haven’t sworn or yelled at each other in 20 years – here’s how they did it
- Jada Pinkett Smith recalls crying on her and Will Smith’s wedding day because she ‘never wanted to be married’
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.