You might have heard about DuckDuckGo, a search engine recently featured in the press. It has quickly gained traction, climbing to an alexa rank of 3609 in the U.S. This is why I think DuckDuckGo is an awesome search engine and website.1) Amazing search results. I have been using the DuckDuckGo search engine for 2 months now, and I have to admit, it’s search results are pretty darn good. That’s probably because DuckDuckGo has no webmasters trying to game and mess around with it’s search results.
2) Privacy. Like the picture above says, DuckDuckGo doesn’t track you, while Google does. They do not collect your IP address or track your search queries.
3) Keyboard Shortcuts. On DuckDuckGo, you don’t need to click on search results. Just use the up and down arrows on your keyboard. Saves time, and very appealing to users.
4) All results appear on one page. All of DuckDuckGo’s search results appear on one page. As you scroll down, more and more search results will load.
5) No advertisements. DuckDuckGo currently does not feature any advertisements. They might in the future. Currently, they only make a little money from Amazon.com affiliates.
6) Official results. Some results for queries such as soccer answer what you might want on the search results page. DuckDuckGo features their own search results to your query. Take a look at the picture below.
This post orginally appeared on weVICTORY’s search engine blog.