- Meghan Markle will not have a maid of honour at her wedding today.
- According to Prince Harry’s communications secretary, she did not want to choose one of her close friends over the others.
- She will be accompanied by six bridesmaids, including Princess Charlotte.
- Follow Business Insider’s live coverage of the royal wedding here.
Meghan Markle will not have a maid of honour when she marries Prince Harry today. While Harry will be accompanied by his best man and brother Prince William, Meghan has instead opted for a number of bridesmaids.
Jason Knauf, communications secretary to Prince Harry said: “She has a very close-knit group of friends and did not want to choose one over the other.”
Megan’s bridesmaids include three-year-old Princess Charlotte, while 4-year-old Prince George is set to be one of Harry’s page boys.
Meghan’s bridesmaids also include her goddaughters Remi and Ryan Litt, who are sisters, and Ivy Mulroney. Harry’s goddaughters Zalie Warren and Florence van Custem are also bridesmaids.
More on the royal wedding:
- Meet Meghan Markle’s bridesmaids – all of whom are under 10 years old
- Here’s why Meghan Markle doesn’t have a maid of honour
- The guests at the royal wedding are being given goodie bags – here’s what’s inside
- The odds that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s marriage will last forever, according to science
- Queen Elizabeth has a fortune worth over $US500 million – here’s how much the British royal family is worth
You can read all of INSIDER’s royal wedding coverage
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.