flickr”Scandal,” starring Kerry Washington, is known for having a huge Twitter following.Good morning, AdLand. Here’s what you need to know today:
The more people are tweeting about a show, the higher its ratings are, says Nielsen. A study shows that for the 18-34 age bracket, a 4.2 per cent increase in Tweets means a 1% ratings rise — and that’s for a midseason show. It has already been noted that Twitter has drastically helped propel the ratings for “Scandal,” on ABC.
Target hired Rick Gomez, who has previously worked at MillerCoors and PepsiCo, as its new SVP of brand and category marketing.
Laura Maness is the first-ever U.S. chief growth officer at Havas Worldwide. She was previously an svp for business development and marketing at SF-based Propane studios. She also worked at DraftFCB and other digital shops.
Net income grew by five per cent at Havas last year.
Speaking of Havas, Agency Spy reports that there have been recent cuts in the NY office.
Previously on Business Insider Advertising:
- Silvio Berlusconi With A Trunk Full Of Tied-Up Women: Worst Ford Ad Ever?
- Nominate The Most Creative People In Mobile Advertising
- AD OF THE DAY: What If Men Had Women’s Hair?
- Nielsen Now Tracks ‘Basically Anything You Buy’
- Heidi Klum Plays Mrs. Robinson In New Carl’s Jr. Ad
- These 10 Ad Agencies Have Hundreds Of Open Jobs Paying $80,000-Plus
- McDonald’s Hopes This Sandwich Will Crush Subway
- FIRST LOOK: Beyoncé Is New Face Of H&M
- Mobile Phones Make You Go ‘Blind’ In Supermarkets
- If Michelle Obama Was The Queen Of England, Here’s What The Stamps Would Look Like
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.