We looked at a study conducted by the University of Leeds School of Medicine that analysed the effects of hand dryers and found some unsettling results. We reached out to Dyson, which makes one of the hand dryers featured in this video. They provided us with the following statement:
· Study was led by ETS, which has a vested interested in promoting paper towels.
· Skewed methodology with non-real world environment and/or usage — skip hand washing.
· All Dyson hand dryers have HEPA filter as standard.
· When maintained properly, the Dyson hand dryers provide hygienic and fast hand drying.
· Cannot be overlooked that soap is the most important step to proper hand hygiene.
Follow BI Video: On Twitter