- Whoopi Goldberg and Meghan McCain got in an argument on “The View” on Tuesday.
- Goldberg and McCain got into a fight after McCain refused to stop talking over herself and others.
- “We’ll be back,” Goldberg said, cutting to a commercial after McCain didn’t heed her requests.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
A discussion about the Ukraine scandal devolved into an argument on “The View” on Tuesday, in which Whoopi Goldberg told Meghan McCain off and then cut to a commercial break.
Tuesday’s show kicked off with a conversation about Alexander Vindman, an Army officer who overheard Trump’s call to the Ukrainian president and is testifying to Congress about what he heard.
When the conversation started getting heated, Goldberg, as the show’s moderator, jumped in and told everyone to “just take a breath.”
McCain ignored Goldberg and started to talk again before she was cut off.
Watch Whoopi Goldberg cut to a commercial break when Meghan McCain tries to talk over her on "The View." pic.twitter.com/4NlXjOuGn8
— Ashley Collman (@acollman) October 29, 2019
“Hold on, let me just finish what I’m saying…Everybody has something to say at the table. We really do want to hear from everybody. But we’re starting to do that thing,” Goldberg said, intertwining her fingers.
“I don’t know what that means, this ‘thing,'” McCain said.
“It means you’re talking over each other,” Goldberg said.
“Well it’s ‘The View,'” McCain said.
An exasperated-looking Goldberg then launched into a lecture directed at McCain.
“It is ‘The View.’ You know what, let me tell you something about ‘The View.’ This show has always had the ability to have different points of view, which we respect around the table,” Goldberg said. “And when we talk to each other, we also exhibit respect. So when I’m saying to you, ‘Hold up, because we’re not hearing each other.’ I’m not trying to cut you off, I’m trying to get you heard.”
McCain started talking again, but was quickly shut down by Goldberg, who cut to a commercial break.
“No, no,” Goldberg said. “That’s what you’re doing right now, we’ll be back.”
Since joining the show in 2017, McCain, daughter of the late Arizona Sen. John McCain, has been the centre of multiple dust-ups with her co-stars and guests.
Last month, she got into an argument with guest Pamela Anderson over Julian Assange, who Anderson is friends with. And in June, McCain called Behar a “b—-“ during a discussion about President Trump’s re-election bid.
- Read more:
- Whoopi Goldberg slams Debra Messing and compares public shaming of Trump donors to McCarthyism
- Paul Rudd played an unrelatable Pete Buttigieg visiting ‘The View’ on ‘SNL’
- ‘The View’ cohosts keep getting censored for their anti-Trump rants
- Meghan McCain started a #deaddadsclub hashtag to honour her dad on Father’s Day
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.