[credit provider=”Elizabeth Weil” url=”http://yfrog.com/z/keejjaij”]
Twitter just posted an open job position for a product manager that will take over a large leadership role for its office in New York.From the description of the job, it sounds like this is a leading role for the New York office, which has since served as a satellite for its main office in San Francisco.
Here’s some of what you’d be expected to do:
- Contribute to the company-wide strategic direction and translate that into concrete product objectives, particularly for search and content discovery
- Lead the establishment of a product vision and build buy-in across the organisation
- Drive the full product development cycle in collaboration with Design, Engineering and User Support teams
- Coordinate and communicate activity between the teams in San Francisco and New York; requires extensive travel to San Francisco headquarters
- Bring a detailed eye for user experience and design to ensure features drive high adoption and customer delight
The company has a small office in New York — nothing on the scale of Google or Facebook, for example — but this could be a signal that it’s looking to expand that office.
Companies like Twitter, Facebook and Google have opened offices in New York to attract talent that’s interested in living in the city.