Business Insider needs your help.We are putting together a list of the most powerful publicists in the entertainment industry, and we want to know who you think makes the cut.
From New York to Los Angeles, which celebrity or studio publicists have had a great year and an overall impressive career?
We are looking for people who can make or break a celeb’s career, expertly manage scandalous situations, have an extensive Rolodex of media contacts, can get a meeting with anyone in town and have put their own lives on hold to babysit celebrities and promote their latest projects.
Here’s the drill:
- If you are nominating someone from your own company, we ask you to ALSO nominate one other publicist (or more!) from different or competing companies, to ensure that your nominations aren’t self-serving and to make sure our list isn’t too fluffy. Those last two nominations will be treated in complete confidence — no one will know who you named from other companies. We promise.
- Then send an email to [email protected] explaining why you believe the publicist should be on the list. Consider client roster, achievements and relationships.
- Lastly, if you have a nice big photo of the publicist, please attach that to your email along with photo credit information and confirmation that we can publish it should the executive make the list.
- Deadline for nominations: Aug. 16.
We’ll combine all your nominations with our own research and contacts in the industry, and when we feel our data is sufficiently complete, we’ll publish a ranking of the most powerful publicists in Hollywood.
Now forward this along and get to work!
- Meet the 25 most creative people in Advertising >
- The PR 50: The Best Communications Pros in Technology >
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.