- GettyBobbi Kristina is the sole beneficiary of her late mother Whitney Houston’s estate, but now family members are reportedly trying to block the 19-year-old from receiving the funds as they fear she is under the “undue influence” of questionable people—her foster brother-turned-boyfriend, Nick Gordon.
- MSNBC news anchor Thomas Roberts wed his longtime partner, Patrick Abner, on Saturday at the Gansevoort Park Hotel in Manhattan. Roberts was the first national TV anchor to come out while he was on CNN and is the first cable news anchor to marry his same-sex partner. The wedding was officiated by former San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom, who has been one of the leading supporters of gay marriage.
- “Glee” and “American Horror Story” creator Ryan Murphy’s next projects are producing a thriller drama for Fox and a comedy for NBC.
- Victoria L. White—the executive producer of the 1989 film “Steel Magnolias” starring Julia Roberts and Dolly Parton—filed suit against Sony Pictures and Lifetime Television over a Lifetime TV remake of the movie starring Queen Latifah and Phylicia Rashad. According to the suit, White says she’s entitled to a $15,000 fee, plus up to 3.75 per cent of net profits from the movie.
- See inside Katie Couric’s sprawling Manhattan apartment—she opened it up for a new “Katie” episode.
- Disney.com unveiled a clean, new homepage a day after Fandango hired its former digital executive, Paul Yanover.
- 100 drawings and sketches by late Beatle John Lennon will be showcased in New York City through October 9.
- “Price is Right” veteran Bob Barker will receive the Lord Houghton Award from Animal Defenders International Oct. 13 for his contribution to helping animals over the years.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.