The White House today unveiled a sweeping proposal to curb the nation’s rash of gun violence and boost school safety, including a list of 23 executive actions.
Here are the key points in the plan, which President Barack Obama announced at the White House today:
- Background checks on all gun sales
- Reinstatement of the expired assault weapons ban
- A 10-round limit on ammunition magazines
- Reinstatement of CDC research into the causes and prevention of gun violence
- Protecting police officers by banning armour-piercing bullets through a manufacture and import ban
- Providing resources to allow schools to hire 1,000 “school resource officers”
- Providing mental health coverage in health insurance plans
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.