- You can buy succulent Christmas trees from Etsy for the holidays.
- They’re ideal for people living in apartments, tiny homes, or other small spaces.
- Most of the trees range from 6 to 12 inches in height, and some have festive lights or star toppers built into them.
- Some trees can cost over $US100, but more affordable succulent ornaments are also an option to decorate for the holidays using the plants.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Christmas is right around the corner, which means it’s time to lug your holiday decorations out of storage.
For people living in apartments, tiny homes, or other small spaces, a traditional pine tree often isn’t a reasonable decor piece, as it can be big and bulky. Smaller trees, like the style made famous in “A Charlie Brown Christmas,” can also be a solution â€” but they may not everyone’s first choice when it comes to decor.
That’s why this holiday season, some people are instead turning to succulent trees, which are widely available on Etsy.
The plant pieces are shaped like traditional Christmas trees, but they’re made of multiple succulents, adding a fun twist to holiday decorations.
They’re becoming a popular alternative for people who live in smaller spaces. Over the last three months, Etsy has seen a 17,973% increase for the clever decor pieces as compared to last year, according to a representative from Etsy.
For instance, this 13-inch plant from Terracotta Corner FL gives the look of a traditional pine tree and features a built-in star topper.
The star comes in three colours, and the tree is made up of almost 25 real Echeveria plants, according to its Etsy listing. It costs $US130.
Likewise, Buffalo Hills’ succulent tree arrives with festive lights and ornaments built into it.
It’s advertised as a centrepiece, but you could place it on your mantle or in your window as well.
The tree comes in three sizes, and you can customise the ornaments on the tree through the Etsy seller’s website. The 6-inch tree costs $US70, while the larger 12-inch tree costs $US100.
Some succulent trees available on Etsy are adorned with Christmas colours.
For instance, Rileys Oasis’ tree has red and white detailing to make it holiday-themed.
The tree comes with more than 100 succulent cuttings, according to the Etsy listing, and it’s available in two sizes.
The base cost for the smaller tree is $US195, and the price increases if you want to add lights to it.
If the succulent trees are out of your budget, you can also buy ornaments and other accessories made from the trendy plant.
For example, Taylors Touch Floral’s succulent ornament costs just $US29.95. Succulents appear to grow out of the centre of the ornament, which includes more traditional Christmas pine cones.
Similar ornaments bring the modernity of a succulent to any home’s Christmas decor without overwhelming the space if you want a more traditional tree to be a focal point.
These ornaments and trees are just a few of the succulent-based decor options you can buy for the holidays this year. You can find all of Etsy’s succulent holiday offerings here.
- Read more:
- You and 3 friends can stay in a mysterious mansion during spooky season for just $US19 a night
- A bride wore her mother’s wedding dress from the ’90s, and it still looks brand-new 30 years later
- You and 13 friends can rent a mansion in the mountains of Georgia and make s’mores around the fire pit for $US25 a night
- An influencer’s side-by-side photos show how easy it is to make misleading Instagram photos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.