Life expectancy rose in the US between 1980 and 2014, according to a study analysing IHME data, which was published May 8 in the journal JAMA Internal Medicine. But there’s a large and growing disparity in the country: inequality in life expectancy increased over that same period of time.
More from Kevin Loria:
- The doomsday vault that’s supposed to store every known crop on the planet is in danger
- The 5 deadliest weather events of all time
- Scientists just figured out how much crushing force a T. rex could deliver with a bite
- 10 survival myths that might get you killed
- Most people don’t actually have separate ‘drunk’ personalities