- North Carolina fans were unsure what to think as the start of their game against Lipscomb was tighter than expected.
- Fans frantically wondered “Where is Lipscomb?” before the Tar Heels regained control of the game late in the first half.
- The Lipscomb Bisons are from Nashville, Tennessee, and made the tournament after winning the Atlantic Sun Conference.
As No. 15 Lipscomb played No. 2 North Carolina to virtually a standstill through the first half of their opening game of the NCAA Tournament, Tar Heels fans had one lingering question on their minds – Where is Lipscomb?
*joins hordes of UNC fans frantically googling where lipscomb is* pic.twitter.com/J8WYw1ad86
— Sapna Maheshwari (@sapna) March 16, 2018
March Madness: That time of year when you have to Google where and what @lipscomb is.
— Brandon Lacic (@brandon_lacic) March 16, 2018
Where the hell is lipscomb from
— H-Clay (@97_clayton) March 16, 2018
Answer: Lipscomb is in Nashville, Tennessee.
The school entered the game against the Tar Heels as 20-point underdogs, so it was a shock to see the game so tight for the early goings of the game. But North Carolina ended the first half on a 12-1 run to pull away a bit, assuaging much of the fear of the Tar Heel faithful.
More March Madness:
- LIVE BRACKET
- GAME SCHEDULE
- Our best bets for the first round of March Madness
- The most common Final Four picks and predictions
- How to watch March Madness online
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.