- The 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea, have officially come to an end.
- But the Olympics will return in the summer of 2020.
- Here’s everything you need to know.
The 2018 Winter Olympics are well and truly over.
Luckily, the Olympics will return in the summer of 2020. Here’s everything you need to know.
When are the next Summer Olympics?
The next Summer Olympics will take place in Tokyo.
The 2020 Games will begin July 24 and conclude August 9. Tokyo will be well-equipped to support the event, as it hosted the 1964 Games.
Since the Summer Games in 1964, Japan also hosted the Sapporo Winter Olympics in 1972 and the Nagano Winter Olympics in 1998.
When are the next Winter Olympics?
After the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics in 2018 and the Tokyo Summer Olympics in 2020, Asia will host its third successive games in 2022, when the Winter Olympics head to Beijing.
Beijing hosted the Summer Games in 2008 and will become the first city to host both the Summer Games and the Winter Games.
The 2022 Games begin February 4 and conclude February 20.
What is the Olympic schedule in full?
Other host nations have been revealed for the Olympic calendar.
- The 2020 Summer Olympics – Tokyo
- The 2022 Winter Olympics – Beijing
- The 2024 Summer Olympics – Paris
- The 2026 Winter Olympics – TBC
- The 2028 Summer Olympics – Los Angeles
The Austrian cities of Graz and Schladming; Turkey’s Erzurum; Switzerland’s Sion; Sapporo; Stockholm; and Calgary, Canada, are all believed to be interested in hosting the 2026 Games and have until March 31 of this year to submit formal bids.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.