- The Raise to Wake feature on your iPhone will wake your device’s screen when you lift it from a flat surface, causing it to light up.
- It’s easy to turn Raise to Wake on or off in the “Display and Brightness” section of your iPhone’s Settings app.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Raise to Wake is what allows your iPhone to become active when you lift it from a flat surface.
This setting is especially useful if you have to use your iPhone in an area with little to no light, as it will immediately light up when you lift it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
What Raise to Wake is on your iPhone, and how to turn it on or off
Raise to Wake will turn on your iPhone’s screen automatically when it detects that the phone is being lifted. However, sometimes you might not want a simple motion to be able to turn on your phone’s screen.
This can be particularly true if, for example, you put it in your pocket and don’t want it to turn on when you move.
Either way, you should know how to turn your iPhone’s Raise to Wake function on and off.
1. Open Settings.
2. Scroll down to and tap on “Display and Brightness.”
3. Raise to Wake is the middle item in the menu. If it’s on, the button next to it will be light green.
4. To turn it off, tap on the toggle so it’s not green anymore.
When Raise to Wake is off, you’ll have to hit the home button (the button on the bottom of your iPhone) to awake your iPhone so you can use it. Or, if you’re using an iPhone with no home button, you’ll have to tap the screen or press the lock button.
- embed type