- Amazon Prime Day has cemented itself as a major, can’t-be-missed retail sales holiday.
- Amazon Prime Day 2021 run from 12am AEST, June 21 through to 11.50pm June 22.
- The deals that are taking place during Prime Day include huge discounts across tech, menswear and more.
- To get the Prime Day deals, you’ll need to have a Prime account.
- Visit Business Insider Australia’s homepage for more stories.
Big retail sales are no longer limited to a thinly-veiled partnership with major holidays. In fact, many retailers have created their own “holidays.” Nordstrom has its popular Anniversary Sale. Nike has Air Max Day. And of course, the online behemoth Amazon has Prime Day.
Now that the massive sale event is on, Amazon has released a list of deals that will be taking place during Prime Day. These offers include major brands like Dyson, Sony, Calvin Klein, Nikon and Dell.
If you’re just arrived to the Amazon Prime Day 2021 party, these deals can help catch you up to speed:
- These are the best deals you can grab from Amazon Prime Day 2021
- Amazon’s eero fixed the WiFi dead spot in my home in less than 10 minutes, and it’s currently 40% off
- Pick up a luxury luggage deal with Amazon Prime Day and be set for that travel bubble
What deals are on for Amazon Prime Day 2021?
Here are some of the best deals you can grab throughout the sale period.
Headphones and speakers
- Bose: Save on the Bose 700 Noise-Cancelling Headphones.
- Jabra: Save on the Jabra Elite 85t Noise-Cancelling Earbuds.
- Sony: Save on the excellent WH-1000XM3 headphones, along with select bluetooth speakers, soundbars and more.
- Yamaha: Save on the YSP-2700B soundbar.
Computers, tech and gaming
- AndaSeat: Save 20% off AndaSeat’s range of Marvel gaming chairs.
- ASUS: Save up on select laptops, along with up to 30% off select networking devices.
- Dell: Save on select laptops and monitors.
- DJI: Save on select DJI drones and gimbals.
- Lenovo: Save on select laptops, tablets, monitors, and accessories.
- Nanoleaf: There will be 25% off all Nanoleaf Shapes starter kits and expansion packs, along with the Essentials smart bulbs and lightstrips.
- SanDisk: Save up to 36% off RRP on select devices.
Homewares and appliances
- American Tourister: Save on select American Tourister luggage.
- Arovec: Save on select products.
- Bosch: Save up to 41% off select tools.
- Dyson: Savings on select V8, V10 and V11 Dyson Animal Stick Vacuums.
- Ecovacs: Save on select vacuum cleaners.
- Philips: Save up to 38% off select Philips Series 2000 Air Purifiers.
- Samsonite: Save on select Samsonite luggage.
- Tefal: Save on select cookware.
- Nikon: Deals include select Nikon Z Mirrorless and DSLR cameras.
- Panasonic: Save on select LUMIX Cameras.
Fashion and beauty
- Bonds: Save on select clothing.
- Calvin Klein: Save on select clothing and underwear.
- Crocs: Save on select products.
- Fossil: Pay $289 for the Fossil Gen 5E Smartwatch.
- New Balance: Save on select products.
- Oroton: Save on select products.
- Save on select perfumes from Calvin Klein, Hugo Boss, Vera Wang and more.
- Save on select skin care from L’Oreal, NIVEA, Sukin, Weleda and more.
- Timex: Save on select watches.
- Tommy Hilfiger: Save on select clothing.
Again, you’ll need to be a Prime member to get these deals. You can sign up for a free 30 day trial of Prime right now, with plenty of time to cancel your subscription before your first monthly bill roll over.
Historically, Prime Day is the best time of the year to buy an Amazon device
In the past, the company has offered the biggest deals on Alexa-enabled products like the Echo smart speakers, and the Fire TV. It wouldn’t be a surprise if most of these Amazon devices were on sale during Prime Day. These deals could possibly include the newest Alexa-enabled products introduced this year.
Ahead of Prime Day 2021, Amazon has the following deals for its devices:
- Amazon Echo: Save up to 50% off RRP on select Echo devices, including the Echo Dot (4th Gen) and the Echo Show 8 (1st Gen).
- eero 6: Save 40% off the eero 6 mesh wifi.
- Fire TV Stick: Amazon will be offering its lowest price ever on the new Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K.
- Kindle Paperwhite: Save $50 off the Kindle Paperwhite (8GB), along with up to 50% off select Kindle Paperwhite protective covers.
Prime Day is also a great time to shop at other retailers in addition to Amazon
In previous years, plenty of other online retailers threw competing sales around Prime Day.
What we do know is that Amazon’s perks like fast and free 2-day shipping remain, making Prime Day more often than not the winner in a competition of price and convenience.
One major tip is to sign up for a free 30-day Amazon Prime trial if you’re not already a member so you can take advantage of the deals.
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Introduced in 2015 in part to celebrate Amazon’s 20th anniversary, the first Amazon Prime Day was a one-day-only retail holiday for Prime members that sought to overtake Black Friday as the sales event of the year.
The inaugural Prime Day received some criticism from shoppers who weren’t happy with the quality and quantity of deals offered but Amazon has stepped up its game in both realms since.
During Prime Day, you can expect prices that are their lowest ever, besting even Black Friday on popular items from tech, beauty, home and kitchen, and virtually every other category under the sun.
Last year, Prime Day was a huge success. During the 48-hour sale event held on October 13-14, third-party sellers on Amazon raked in $US3.5 billion in sales.
But only Prime members get access to these competitive deals.
Head over here to see all the benefits you can get in addition to free 2-day shipping and Prime Day access.
New members can try Prime out for 30 days before committing, so if you’re not yet a member, you should time your sign-up to land sometime during late May or June.
When is Prime Day?
An official date for Amazon Prime Day 2021 has recently been announced. This year’s sale will be starting at 12am AEST, June 21, and will run until 11:59pm AEST, June 22.
Since Prime Day is happening worldwide, Australian shoppers will also be able to get deals from the U.S. through Amazon’s Global Store up until 5pm AEST, June 23.