- If a red dot appears on your Apple Watch, it means that you have unread notifications.
- It’s easy to check the notifications on your Apple Watch in just a few steps, and remove the red dot so you’re up to date.
- You can also turn off the red dot for notifications in the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories .
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
What does the red dot on an Apple Watch mean?
You may have noticed a red dot on the top of your Apple Watch – this signifies that you have unread notifications.
It’s fairly simple to check these notifications, and remove the red dot so you’re all caught up.
Here’s how to do it.
How to check notifications on your Apple Watch
1. With your watch face turned on, swipe down from the top of your screen to display the notifications you have received.
2. To read each individual notification, tap them one by one. Note that if you have several notifications, you can scroll through them by using the digital crown on your Apple Watch.
3. To delete the notification, swipe left on your watch and then hit the X key. You can also delete it by scrolling down and tapping on “Dismiss” at the bottom of the screen.
How to turn off the red dot for notifications on your Apple Watch
If you no longer want the red dot to appear whenever you have notifications, you can disable this feature via the Watch app on your iPhone.
Simply tap the Notifications option under My Watch and toggle the Notifications Indicator button to off.
You can re-enable this feature at any time by toggling the button to on, which will turn it green.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.