More than one billion people globally have smart phones—and the smartphone revolution has only just begun. Commerce companies are waking up to this reality, realising they need to rethink their strategy to win in an increasingly mobile world.But how? PayPal and its parent, e-commerce giant eBay, are reorienting to be mobile first, shifting everything to capitalise on the potential of the burgeoning mobile marketplace. With a focus on checkouts, wallets, and location-based payments, and recent acquisitions in loyalty, personalisation, and shopping startups, PayPal is emerging as a leading mobile-first player.
At Business Insider’s second-annual Social Commerce Summit on February 6, 2013, in New York, Walt Doyle, General Manager of the PayPal Media Network, will talk about PayPal’s strategy in a one-on-one interview on the Intersection of Mobile Advertising and Commerce.
Reserve your ticket for Social Commerce Summit now and you’ll score the extra-early bird rate, which expires TODAY. Startup leaders, investors, and Fortune 500 executives will discuss the evolution of the digital purchase funnel, from discovery to click-and-buy. Speakers for 2013 already include:
- Doug Mack, CEO, One Kings Lane
- Chris Bolte, Head of Demand Generation, Walmart Labs
- Will Young, Director, Zappo’s Labs
- Ben Fischman, CEO, Rue La La
- Rich Lesperance, Head of Digital and Emerging Media, Walgreens
- Kirsten Green, Managing Partner, Forerunner Ventures
- Yirong Xu, CEO and Founder, Meilishuo
- Jeff Richards, Partner, GGV Capital
- Jared Hecht, Co-Founder, GroupMe
- Daniella Yacobovsky, Co-Founder, BaubleBar
- And PayPal’s Walt Doyle.
Social Commerce Summit speakers will delve into topics that include product discovery via social media on Web and mobile; demand generation using social platforms, features, and tools; customer acquisition on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram; customer retention in era of digital shopping; and ROI, going beyond vanity metrics and understanding your impact.
Here’s who should attend Social Commerce Summit:
- E-commerce and digital executives who need to know about new developments
- Social commerce investors who want to source new opportunities
- Entrepreneurs who want to meet the competition — or defeat them
- Publishers who need to learn about integrating commerce into content
- Consultants and agencies who are responsible for delivering maximum social-media value to their clients
Follow us on Twitter @BI_Events for program updates and discounts. See you in February!