Here is some insight into what people regret most right before they pass away.Bonnie Ware worked in palliative care for many years, tending to people during the last three to twelve weeks of their lives. A handful of themes cropped up in the things they regretted during their final days:
1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I didn’t work so hard.
3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
To them, these were regrets. For us, maybe the above can be a checklist of what not to do.
Join 25K+ subscribers. Get a free daily update via email here.
Read more posts on Barking Up The Wrong Tree »
NOW WATCH: Executive Life videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.