- Michelle Klein is the senior director of marketing for North America at Facebook.
- Klein told Fast Company that she doesn’t have a desk drawer at work because she is constantly on the go.
- To anticipate her on-the-go lifestyle, Klein said she keeps critical travel items in her personal bag so she’s always prepared to hop on a flight.
As the North America marketing director for Facebook, Michelle Klein lives a jet setter life – work desk not included.
“Technically, I don’t have a desk drawer because I’m always on the move, so my bag has become my mobile office,” Klein told Fast Company.
Klein has been with Facebook since 2015, and was previously the head of Global Marketing before becoming the North America senior director of marketing in 2015.
To anticipate her on-the-go lifestyle, Klein said she keeps critical travel items in her personal bag so she’s always prepared to hop on a flight.
A peek in Klein’s bag includes:
- Two sets of Apple headphones
- Purell wipes for plane seats
- Two different phone chargers
- RX bars
- Oyin Handmade Honey Water
It’s common for large corporations personnel to be prepared for unexpected travel with essentials to help on-the-go workers. Buddy Media co-founder Michael Lazero keeps Tylenol PM with him whenever he travels to help him sleep. Similar to Klein, Bloomberg anchor Betty Liu always keeps cleaning wipes with her for spills.
As a mother, Klein said she also carries some tokens from her son. Klein said she can reach her hand in her bag and pull out a Ziploc full of Lego and his Little Passport.
Klein said: “At any point, I may have to jump on a plane, so I keep all essentials in said bag at all times.”
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.