- Shares of Weight Watchers spiked more than 13% on Monday after Oprah Winfrey, who owns 10% of the company, stole the show at the Golden Globes.
- After receiving the Cecil B. DeMille Award for Lifetime Achievement, her speech’s reception sparked rumours that she might run for president in 2020.
- CNN cited two anonymous sources who said she was “actively thinking” about a presidential bid.
- Oprah previously denied she would run for office.
- Celebrities including Oprah and DJ Khaled have been a great marketing boost for the weight loss company, which has seen its shares soar 500% over the past year.
- Weight Watchers’ stock is up 10.61% this year.
- To see Weight Watchers’ live stock price, click here.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.