The INSIDER Summary:
- Six women attended a wedding in Australia wearing the exact same dress.
- These women were wedding guests, not bridesmaids.
- A Facebook post of the women wearing the dress at the wedding has gone viral.
- The dress is from Forever New, an Australian store.
- The lace pencil dress costs $159.99 AUD.
- “You really should start a bridal registry so that your customers can enquire [sic] whether anyone else has purchased one of your dresses for the same event,” one woman posted on Forever New’s Facebook page.
For most women, it would be a nightmare to show up to a wedding in the same dress as another guest. But that became the reality for six women who all wore the exact same pencil-style dress to a wedding in Australia.
The women — who were not bridesmaids at the wedding — had all bought the dress from the Australian store Forever New, according to the Daily Mail.
Luckily, the wedding guests found humour in the situation, and took a photo with the bride that has since gone viral.
“You really should start a bridal registry so that your customers can enquire [sic] whether anyone else has purchased one of your dresses for the same event,” Debbie Speranza, who is pictured on the bride’s left side, captioned the photo, which she posted on Forever New’s Facebook page. “No we are NOT the bridesmaids just the guests.”
Speranza’s post has over 44,000 reactions, 10,000 comments, and 1,200 shares at the time of this story.
In the comments, some people said they’d be mortified if they accidentally matched with five other people. “How embarrassing…not only for them but for the bride as well,” one person wrote. “I would have gone […] home and change,” someone else said.
Meanwhile, others were able to find the silver lining. “Hilarious,” one person wrote. “Oh well, they all look nice, the girls including the bride are looking wonderful.” “One dress gorgeous on all of them different shapes and sizes now there’s a positive advertisement!!!!” another person commented. “I would just laugh it off and congratulate everyone else for their good taste,” a third person said. “No way I’d go home to change.”
This is the dress the six women wore:
Debbie Lace Pencil Dress, $159.99 AUD ($128.13 USD)
Since the dress is cute and somewhat affordable, it’s pretty easy to see how this happened.
More from INSIDER:
- 7 reasons why Jennifer Lawrence’s new horror movie flopped
- 13 celebrities who have ditched their dark hair and gone blonde
- A complete guide to all of the dating terms plaguing modern relationships
- 25 new photos from ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ were just released — here they all are
- ‘This Is Us’ star Chrissy Metz wants people to stop asking her this rude question about her weight
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.