- “The Big Bang Theory” ended its historic 12-season run on May 16, tying up loose ends and leaving its characters on a high note.
- But prequel series “Young Sheldon,” which follows a young Sheldon Cooper navigating high school, was just renewed for two more seasons.
- During its second season finale, which aired directly after the end of “The Big Bang Theory,” the show sweetly paid tribute to its sister series by showing the crew from “Big Bang,” previously unseen on the show, as children around the country.
- Visit INSIDER’S homepage for more stories.
After 12 seasons and 276 episodes, “The Big Bang Theory” concluded its story, ending on both professional and personal achievements for each character, while managing to remind viewers that these nerds will remain friends for the rest of their lives.
But that doesn’t mean that viewers have to say goodbye to all of these characters forever – there’s always “Young Sheldon,” a prequel that focuses on the preternaturally smart Sheldon Cooper as a young kid navigating high school.
“Young Sheldon” rarely directly references its sister show, though “Young Sheldon” characters have appeared on “The Big Bang Theory.”
However, on the second season finale of “Young Sheldon,” the episode concluded with a heartwarming montage of Sheldon’s future roommates and friends as kids, as well.
During the entire episode, young Sheldon was feeling lonely and older Sheldon, aka Jim Parsons, explained “In that moment, I felt like a neutrino, destined to be alone forever.”
The camera then pans to a young Leonard, Penny, Raj, Howard, Bernadette, and finally his future wife, Amy, all in their rooms at home alone, either sleeping or reading a book by flashlight, playing video games, doing homework, or staying awake listening to the radio. Sheldon finishes the episode by stating, “Thankfully, I was wrong.”
The clip even includes a voice cameo from Howard’s mother, Mrs. Wolowitz, famously voiced by Carol Ann Susi who passed away in 2014.
Watch the entire clip below, and try to hold back your tears.
Some day, we'll be together. ❤️ pic.twitter.com/MynTIvQtGT
— Young Sheldon (@YoungSheldon) May 17, 2019
- Read more:
- 20 TV shows you should watch if you love ‘The Big Bang Theory’
- 60 celebrities you probably forgot guest-starred on ‘The Big Bang Theory’
- Kaley Cuoco shared an emotional behind-the-scenes video from ‘The Big Bang Theory’ series finale: ‘Our final huddle’
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ dropped a massive bombshell on its finale that came out of nowhere
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.