Welcome to Finance Insider, Business Insider’s summary of the top stories of the past 24 hours.
State Street Global Advisors, a nearly $US2.5 trillion investor, just installed a bronze statue of a defiant girl in front of Wall Street’s iconic charging bull as part of its new campaign to pressure companies to add more women to their boards.
“There has been a lot of discussion on this topic, but the needle hasn’t moved materially,” Lori Heinel, the firm’s deputy global chief investment officer, told Business Insider after the statue instalment, a day ahead of International Women’s Day.
In macroeconomic news, President Trump might’ve just gotten the ammo he needs to name China a “currency manipulator,” as he’s been promising to do.
In deals, HP Enterprise is buying the flash-storage company Nimble Storage for $US12.50 a share, or about $US1 billion.
On Wall Street, shares of Snapchat parent company Snap Inc. tumbled to new lows Tuesday, declining for a second-straight day.
Healthcare stocks were also down Tuesday after House Republicans rolled out their new healthcare plan to replace Obamacare on Monday evening.
More on the healthcare bill here:
- The House GOP released their plan to repeal and replace Obamacare, but they didn’t say how they will pay for it
- ‘Obamacare 2.0’: Conservatives are already revolting against the House GOP’s Obamacare plan
- The House GOP plan to repeal and replace Obamacare would effectively defund Planned Parenthood
- 4 GOP senators threw a wrench in the Republican plan to repeal Obamacare before it was even released
- TRUMP: ‘Phase 2 & 3’ of ‘wonderful’ healthcare overhaul will come soon
- Top Trump health official puts the administration all in on the House GOP Obamacare plan
- The Republican plan on Obamacare will likely lead to many Americans losing health insurance
Here are the top Wall Street headlines from the past 24 hours.
Stocks are rolling over after a tremendous rally and that’s the best thing any bullish investor can wish for right now — The post-election surge in US stocks has lost its steam in March. A big drop might be the best thing that can happen next.
Trump tweets that he’s working on a ‘new system where there will be competition in the drug industry’ — President Donald Trump has big plans for the way we price our drugs.
Bitcoin plunges sharply and suddenly — Bitcoin plunged by more than $US100 in a matter of minutes on Tuesday morning.
Gallup’s measure of US economic confidence jumps to a record high — Americans’ economic optimism surged last week.
Trump may be about to give US automakers their first big win — The US auto industry is happy with Donald Trump.
Russia’s inflation plunges to its lowest level in 5 years — It was the lowest rate since June 2012.
After interviewing 50 of Wall Street’s best investors, Tony Robbins determined 3 investing steps every 20-something must take — Tony Robbins, the performance coach best known for his high-energy seminars, has over the past few years dedicated himself to spreading personal-finance literacy.
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.