- Warning: There are minor spoilers ahead for AMC’s “The Walking Dead.”
- INSIDER spoke with Ryan Hurst about playing new villain, Beta, on “TWD.”
- The series has been teasing a big throw down between Beta and fan-favourite Daryl (played by Norman Reedus).
- Hurst says the actors worked on that scene for a week and a half.
“The Walking Dead” has been teasing a big showdown between Beta (played by Ryan Hurst) and Daryl (Norman Reedus) since November, and Hurst tells INSIDER it’s worth the wait.
“The fight between Beta and Daryl is something to look forward to,” said Hurst while discussing his new role on the AMC zombie drama. “Being a huge fan of the show, when I first read it in the script, I was really, really excited.”
A teaser trailer released in November showed Daryl slashing at Beta and getting slammed against a wall.
Hurst says there’s much more to that fight scene you can get excited to see on screen.
“Without giving away too much, it’s a three-page fight scene. So it just kinda goes on and on,” he said. “Norman and I worked on it for a week and a half. It was a lot of fun to put together.”
That’s not the only the only thing Hurst is excited for fans to see of his character and the Whisperers for the rest of the season. Hurst teased there are smaller and larger ways the season continues to skew from Robert Kirkman’s comics of the same name.
“The differences are something that people will go, ‘Oh, that’s so cool! I didn’t expect that!’ That’s what I was really happy to see,” Hurst says of what fans can expect from season nine’s final four episodes. “I can’t really give away too much more, though. Especially the end of this season, the very end of this season. You’ll go, ‘Holy s—.'”
We’re holding Hurst to that. Nicotero recently told INSIDER much of the same about the final few episodes of “TWD” season nine saying we “better buckle up, because it’s pretty insane.”
You can follow along with our ongoing “Walking Dead” coverage here.
- Read more:
- Ryan Hurst wanted to be on ‘The Walking Dead’ so much he had his agent cold call the producers
- 7 details you may have missed on Sunday’s ‘The Walking Dead’
- The 10 ‘Walking Dead’ characters fans think are most likely to die next on the show
- ‘The Walking Dead’s’ Ryan Hurst says he would try being a Whisperer if a zombie apocalypse ever really happened
- Ryan Hurst says Beta’s outfit on ‘The Walking Dead’ has a lot of nods they ‘stole from other characters on the show’
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.