- “The Walking Dead’s” Austin Amelio is heading to AMC’s spin-off “Fear the Walking Dead” for its fifth season.
- Amelio’s character, Dwight, last appeared on the “TWD” during season eight.
- The “Walking Dead” star told fans at a convention in December his character was “alive in the world somewhere.”
“The Walking Dead’s” Austin Amelio hinted at Walker Stalker Con New Jersey that fans may see his character Dwight again in the zombie apocalypse. It turns out it just won’t be on the main AMC show.
Comicbook.com reported Dwight will be crossing over to spin-off “Fear the Walking Dead,” according to multiple sources involved with the show. INSIDER confirmed Amelio will indeed head to the companion show for its fifth season.
At Walker Stalker Con New Jersey in December, Amelio said the former Saviour is still alive and kicking.
“He’s not dead… That’s all I can say,” Amelio told a small crowd of fans during a panel INSIDER attended. “He’s alive. He’s alive in the world somewhere.”
Amelio will be the second cast member from “The Walking Dead” to crossover onto “Fear.” Lennie James joined the show during its fourth season as his character Morgan.
Fans last saw Dwight on season eight of “TWD” after the war with Negan ended. Daryl spared his life, but told him if he was to ever return that he’d personally kill him. In response, Dwight went in search of his ex-wife Sherry (Christine Evangelista).
Evangelista left “TWD” during season seven and starred on E!’s “The Arrangement.” The show was recently canceled leaving hope that we could potentially see her return to the franchise.
INSIDER couldn’t confirm whether or not Evangelista may also appear on “Fear” with Amelio. Regardless, we’re holding out hope for a Dwight and Sherry reunion. But in the world of the zombie apocalypse, as we know, love usually doesn’t come out on top.
You can follow along with our ongoing “Walking Dead” coverage here. “TWD” returns to AMC Sunday, February 10 at 9 p.m. There is no set premiere date for season five of “Fear TWD” yet.
If you’re missing Dwighty boy on “TWD,” you can see him again with Norman Reedus on season three of his AMC series, “Ride with Norman Reedus,” which will also return to TV February 10. Amelio will appear on the fourth episode of the season.
- Read more:
- ‘The Walking Dead’ star says another actor almost lost their arm on the show years ago
- ‘The Walking Dead’s’ Katelyn Nacon says Enid won’t be happy Negan’s free
- ‘The Walking Dead’s’ Katelyn Nacon says she didn’t learn about Enid’s new romance until she read it in the script
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.