- The Medical Shots twitter account posted a photo of two children dressed in scrubs. The little girl is designated as the nurse, while the boy is labelled the doctor.
- Twitter users are calling the photo sexist.
- Some have edited the photo to label them both simply “medical professionals.”
The Twitter account Medical Shots, which creates medical and health-related content, posted a picture of two children dressed in scrubs. The little girl is dressed in pink and the back of her shirt reads “Nurse in Training,” while the boy is dressed in green with the words “Doctor in Training” on his back.
Take a look at the tweet below.
The tweet was captioned, “This is cute, isn’t it?” But, the internet was quick to disagree and point out the sexism in the picture. Many questioned why the girl had to be the nurse and not the doctor.
No it’s not. Why isn’t she a Dr as well? Or why is the boy not a nurse?
— Twenty-One ???? (@21_03_90) March 10, 2019
How did you tweet this from the year 1950?
— Jill Tatara (@jilltataraworld) March 10, 2019
Some even pointed out that they know male nurses and women doctors.
Meanwhile, others are using hysterical memes to express their frustration.
— Justice Beaver: Crime-Fighting Beaver (@AstridLevinson) March 10, 2019
— kelvin (@Nivlek1) March 10, 2019
— Scott Barolo (@sbarolo) March 11, 2019
But some edited the picture to make it more appropiate and accurate.
“It’s sexist,” Julietta LaBlanc wrote on Twitter. “You are forcing a ceiling on this young lady’s dreams.”
- Read more:
- I ate at the posh Manhattan restaurant that was accused of banning single women from the bar, and the experience was not what I expected at all
- Just 52% of Americans are ‘very comfortable’ with a woman as president
- 14 world-changing innovations by women that were originally credited to men
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.