- Yunier Dorticos just scored a knockout of the year contender.
- Dorticos was fighting Andrew Tabiti in the World Boxing Super Series semifinal in Latvia on Saturday.
- The bout paired two hard-hitting 200-pounders against each other, but the fight itself was threatening to become a frustrating one.
- That was, until, Dorticos landed an overhand right so vicious and chilling, Tabiti’s legs gave way, he rolled onto the canvas with his eyes shut, knocked out.
- You can watch the KO right here.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Yunier Dorticos just scored a knockout of the year contender with a thunderbolt right hand, collapsing Andrew Tabiti in round 10 of a cruiserweight bout in Latvia on Saturday.
Dorticos and Tabiti were competing for the vacant IBF cruiserweight world title in the semifinal of the acclaimed World Boxing Super Series at the Arena Riga.
That was, until, Dorticos landed a one-two distance-measuring jab, overhand right combination that was so vicious and chilling, Tabiti’s legs gave way and he fell to the floor.
Soaked in sweat and with his eyes shut, Tabiti rolled onto his back and lay on the canvas beaten and knocked out.
Watch the chilling knockout below:
— DAZN USA (@DAZN_USA) June 15, 2019
Or here if you’re in a different region:
— GiveMeSport Boxing (@GMSBoxing) June 15, 2019
With the win, Dorticos – the IBF champion – advances to the World Boxing Super Series final against Mairis Briedis, who beat Krzyzstof Glowacki on Saturday at the same show in Latvia.
Dorticos’ record is now 24 wins (22 by knockout) against one loss.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.