Shortly after AOL announced it extended its search deal with Google through 2015, AOL CEO Tim Armstrong went on CNBC to explain.
We took notes.
- Process started a year ago.
- In April, we got very serious.
- The deal is “materially better” in just about every aspect for us and Google.
- This new deal allows us to check all the boxes.
- What’s the checklist? Answer below.
- Better search algorithm for users. Better results. Universal search that Google has.
- Expanded ad products.
- Consumer will see more AOL content on YouTube.
- AOL and Google search on mobile