Joshua Farrer/YouTubeBaby shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo.
- A group of surfers in Victoria Bay, near George, South Africa, noticed a baby great white shark was beached on some rocks.
- “It’s gonna die. How are we going to get it out? It’s cutting itself, check,” one surfer said. “It’s bleeding everywhere.”
- The surfers realised the shark was swimming toward the shore rather than back out to the open sea.
- First, they tossed water on the animal.
- Then, with the help of lifeguards, they attempted to toss the animal into the ocean.
- Neither of those tactics worked.
- Finally, they took the animal out of the water, set it onto a surfboard, and carried it down the coast, where they set it loose in a less rocky area. Then, the shark could swim with ease.
- Cue up “Baby Shark” and watch the full rescue below.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.
- Read more:
- A 17-foot-long python was found in Florida
- The woman who pried a cougar off her 7-year-old son said she acted reflexively: ‘I had a mum instinct’
- A rat defeated a rattlesnake with a soaring ‘ninja-style’ kick to the head
- Thousands of poisonous toads have apparently invaded a Florida neighbourhood: ‘You can’t even walk’
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.